TUG 2011: TeX in the eBook era
the TeX world
TUG 2011: October 19-21, 2011
The 32nd Annual Meeting of the TeX Users Group
River Valley Technologies
http://tug.org/tug2011 • email@example.com
This three-day conference focuses on document production using LaTeX,
TeX, ConTeXt, MetaPost, and friends.
Hope to see you there!
Dates and deadlines
- July 15, 2011 - deadline for abstracts for presentation proposals, but late submissions
will be considered.
- July 15, 2011 - also the deadline for bursary applications, and again, late
submissions will be considered as available.
- August 1, 2011 - deadline for early bird
- August 1, 2011 - also the deadline for
- September 1, 2011 - deadline for preprints to be in the printed program.
- October 10, 2011 - registration deadline.
- October 19-21, 2011 - conference.
- October 31, 2011 - deadline for final papers for TUGboat proceedings.
- Accommodations, photos, and general: Please see the River
Valley information page. A/C rooms are available at a somewhat
higher rate. Discount rates cannot be guaranteed after August 1.
- Internet access: Complete access throughout the conference
venue. At the hotel, wifi is available at no extra cost in the
reception area and some of the restaurant, but not the rooms. More info.
- Meals: We expect that breakfast and dinner will be taken at
the hotel; buffet breakfast is included in the room price, and dinner at
the hotel can be had for $10-$15 per person. The hotels in the area are
the most likely places for good meals. Lunch will be available on the
River Valley campus. The majority of the food will be traditional
Keralan cuisine. The conference banquet is included in the registration
- Transportation: Fly into the Trivandrum airport, code TRV.
Often the best connection will be through a Gulf country (Qatar, Dubai,
Abu Dhabi, etc.), and reach Trivandrum at an early-morning time. (The
hotels know to expect this.) If you give us your travel information,
you will be met upon arrival and transported to your hotel.
- Visa: If you are coming from the United States and probably
other countries, you will need a visa, which can be a nontrivial
undertaking. A tourist visa should suffice, assuming you are planning
tourist activities. If you need any information or letters from the
conference organizers, please email
Mentioning the conference to colleagues and in any other contexts
would be very much appreciated. We'd also be grateful for any
posting of this one-page PDF flyer.
(Thanks to Namboodiri of River Valley Technologies for the excellent
the TeX Users Group,
River Valley Technologies (India),
River Valley Technologies (UK),
DANTE e.V., and
Thanks to all.
Our best wishes to our Egyptian friends who had planned to host
TUG'11 but have advised us it would be better not to do so this year.
We expect the conference will be in Egypt in a future year.
$Date: 2014/09/03 21:56:09 $;
previous TUG meeting -
next TUG meeting -
historical TeX meetings