The TeX Users Group (TUG) is a membership-based not-for-profit organization, founded in 1980, for anyone who uses the TeX typesetting system created by Donald Knuth and/or is interested in typography and font design.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter if you like (open to all, automatically sent to members).
Get started with TeX if you're looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask.
- Deadline for TUG 2021 presentation proposals is July 9. Please send in submissions as soon as possible. Thanks.
- TUGboat 42:1 has been mailed to current TUG members; it is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 41:3 is now publicly available. Submissions for the next issue, which will be the TUG'21 proceedings, are appreciated and welcome. Presentations at the conferences without accompanying articles are also welcome. The deadline for proposals is July 9, and for the final papers is August 15.
- TeX Live 2021 and MacTeX 2021 and proTeXt for 2021 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX, proTeXt). The TeX Collection DVD will be sent to TUG and other user group members; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
Upcoming events (comprehensive meeting list)
- TUG 2021 will be held online, August 5-8, 2021. Registration is free of charge but requested in advance. The lists of workshop and speakers (so far) is available, as well as the call for papers (deadline July 9).
- 15th ConTeXt Meeting: expanding orbits, Bassenge, Belgium, Sept. 20-15, 2021. Registration opens May 1. Call for papers.
- DANTE meeting, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany, March 10-12.
- GuIT 2020, online, October 31, 2020.
- TUG 2020 was held online, July 24-26, 2020. The program of all talks is available. Videos of all presentations are posted on the TUG YouTube channel.
- BachoTeX 2019 - TeX old but gold: the durability of typographic TeXnologies; Bachotek, Poland, May 1-5, 2019.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - MusiXTeX - mindflow - latex2e-help-texinfo - pfdicons - nicematrix - latexindent - luaxml - pst-arrow - ifallfalse - babel - siunitx - jlreq - pdfmanagement-testphase - texdimens - lipsum - babel-french - cjk-ko - catechis - letterswitharrows - beamertheme-focus - spectralsequences - fithesis - xistercian - mcf2graph - SemanTeX - easing - emoji - twemoji-colr - lwarp